EZdummer 2 is the drummer songwriters have dreamed of and is compatible with a plethora of recording software (DAW's) to provide multiple gigs of expertly recorded drum sounds, 5 drum kits, thousands of patterns/grooves and could just be the last drummer you'll ever need!
Compatible with both Mac and Windows through the following formats: AAX 64-Bit, RTAS, VST, and AU (Mac).
Meet your new drummer!
EZdrummer 2 takes drum production to a whole new level. It was designed to erase any technical barrier between you and your creativity and introduces several groundbreaking features for quick and easy songwriting. In EZdrummer 2, you can go from initial rhythmic idea to finished, mixed and customized drum track without ever leaving the program. This is without a doubt the best sounding, most intuitive and creatively gratifying software environment for drum production on the market – a perfect marriage of sound, form and function.
There are 5 complete kits and additional instrument choices included in EZdrummer 2 that are divided into two separate sound libraries – one Modern setup, and one Vintage setup.
EZdrummer 2 has a completely new mixer and collection of effect chain presets, both for the modern and the vintage setup. The effect engine is based around the numerous quality effects in Toontrack’s widely acclaimed EZmix 2. Each setting includes a back-end of various effect chains including the likes of compressors, reverbs, delays and EQs. With settings covering anything from classic rock to disco and modern metal, you can instantly call up a starting point for your song and, if you so choose, continue to customize it into something completely new with each setting’s unique set of parameters.
Welcome to a new era of drum production for songwriters!
The drums for EZdrummer 2 were recorded at one of the most meticulously built recording facilities in the world; Mark Knopfler’s British Grove Studios in London, England. Combining some of the most sought-after and rare vintage consoles, outboard effects and microphones with the best of the best in state of the art recording technology, the studio serves as a perfect combination of how old and new can come together in perfect harmony.
The main recording room at the British Grove Studios is large, ambient and perfectly crafted for drum production. The high ceiling, the dense walls and carefully designed diffusers produce a natural and sonically balanced reverb that allow the drums to be loud and present in your mix without ever taking over.
The sounds were recorded by a true industry great; the multi award-winning Chuck Ainlay. Having engineered in excess of 200 albums, worked with some of the world’s biggest recording artists of all time and been involved in numerous gold or multi-platinum releases, his track record speaks for itself. Some of the most notable collaborations in Chuck’s impressive career include Willie Nelson, Dixie Chicks, Dire Straits and Travis Tritt. To name a few.
The modern library includes drum selections from DW, Gretsch, Yamaha, Ludwig, Sonor, Tama and Brady, all recorded through Neve 88R and EMI TG12345 consoles as well as various chains of vintage and modern outboard.
The vintage library is based around two classic Ludwig kits and recorded through an extremely rare REDD.51 console. In fact, the example in British Grove Studios’ possession is the only known available in the world.
EZdrummer 2® Facts & Features:
• 5 kits including both modern and vintage sounds with multiple gigabytes of individual samples.
• Instant access to thousands of drum patterns with prelistening, quick browsing and drag’n’drop functionality.
• Extensive layer depth on all drums and cymbals.
• Individual drum velocity control.
• Control over multiple microphones.
• Tap to Find drum pattern browsing.
• MIDI recording and output.
• Individual drum outputs for multitrack routing into the host through one single plug in.
• Song Construction Mode built right into the interface.
• Interface visualizes the drums loaded and combines auditioning and kit construction.
• Drums recorded at British Grove Studios, London by world-class engineer Chuck Ainlay.
• Additional percussion sounds including snaps, claps, and hand percussion instruments.
• Patterns recorded by world-class session musicians for amazing feel and groove.
• Expandable by using any of the available EZX expansion sets (available separately).