Following his successful big brother, the 1073/500, the new ´73JR is a mic preamp in a single 500 series slot with some added features that will cover all the recording needs for engineers and musicians that don´t find the need to track with eq.
Employing only discrete circuitry and conventional components, the ’73 junior is a faithful 3 stage all class A 1073 preamp. Styroflex and tantalum capacitors have been used throughout. No corners were cut.
A useful all discrete class A hi pass filter has been added, essential for recording everything with the exception of probably kick drum and and bass.
The Line mode allows for reamping of prerecorded tracks and it´s perfect for adding some class A color to lifeless recordings.
The smart switched DI (automatically switches from MIC to DI mode when inserting a MONO ¼” jack ) is an all discrete class A JFET circuit ahead of the MIC transformer, so all the juice is there.
Finally, special care has been taken with power handling, implementing internal +24v slow turn on regulation (about 20 seconds to reach full voltage ). This makes your lunchbox PSU healthier and makes the 73JR independent of the rest of the slots.
• 80dB Class A Microphone preamplifier, HI-LO selectable minimum input impedance, balanced and floating. High gain positions show a higher impedance, ideal for old ribbon mics.
• 50Db Class A Line preamplifier, bridging input impedance, balanced and floating.
• All discrete Class A Ultra High Impedance J-Fet Direct Input on a high quality Neutrik Jack. The DI circuit is ahead of the Mic Input transformer, so the transformer is ON when in DI mode. DI is automatically switched on when inserting a jack.
• Class A single ended, 2N3055 driven, high headroom output stage.
• PAD: 20dB Mic input attenuation ahead of the input transformer to avoid overloading it.
• HI PASS FILTER: Active all discrete Class A 3rd order Bessel, 80Hz Hi Pass Filter. 18dB/octave slope.
• OUTPUT control to allow overloading of the preamp.
• Internal slow turn-on +24v power supply for lower inrush current, which improves your lunchbox performance.
• Carnhill Input and Output transformers.
• 3 gain stage, genuine modular card construction. All active circuitry is on pluggable cards for easier service.
• Marconi style knobs and vintage style engraved pushbuttons.